A Christmas gift for you: a delicious typical Tuscan recipe.
Only healthy ingredients and you can limit the damage
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150g dark chocolate, cut in small chunks
Prep:15min › Cook:20min › Extra time:30min freezing › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Line a baking tray with parchment.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla until frothy.
- Add flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Incorporate the chocolate. You’ll obtain a sticky dough.
- Halve the dough into two equal portions and with each piece form a long and thick log. Transfer both pieces to the prepared tray, a few centimeters apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice each log in a about 2cm thick pieces, to make the classic cantucci shape.
- Return to the oven, turn off the heat, then remove after 30 minutes. Let cool at room temperature before serving.